Blog Background

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's day to all the great men out there. I was so blessed to have a man that was my Father.  I knew this day would be painful and I have had anxiety about it for weeks.  It is not that I do not want to think of him, but the pain is just so surreal that he is gone.  I miss him every day and know I never get that hug from my "Daddy" again.  The permanence of the day is heartbreaking.  However, I am claiming Philippians 4:8 and try to focus on whatever is true, beautiful, just, etc.  He was every part of the word "Daddy". He taught me how to follow Jesus, love, be bold, go after what you want, forgive, and the determination to be better than you were the day before. Unfortunately, I only had 34 years with him, but man was it quality time. I love you Dad and will make sure to visit Starbucks for you. Secondly, I have Charles. I see the way he loves our babies and nothing is better than that in life. He is a great Father with patience, love, and slow to anger. He is more precious than anything this life could offer. Not to mention my Father-in-love, Fred Hall.  No doubt my husband learned to be a man and great Father from his amazing example in his Dad. No matter what time of day/night or what the problem is, he is there. I honestly could not say enough about these 3 men. The best I can do is say I am blessed and that these 3 men are the best Father's this world has to offer.  Happy Father's Day!

No comments: