Blog Background

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

One last hug

Emotional day. Make no mistake, I am confident that I serve a mighty God that will heal all things including our hearts. Now does that lessen the pain we sometimes have in life? No. But a wise friend once told me that you can never have a testimony without a test. That being said, this week is just part of that test. So many emotions and pain, but I know I am never alone. A year ago today was the last time I hugged my sweet Daddy. Oddly enough when I was leaving he made a point to hug me longer than normal, tell me he was proud of me, and even told me to "look at me" and said "I just really love you sweetie". I remember thinking he was probably over medicated from the surgery and being silly. I did my usual dance around him to annoy him and he gave me the half smile. I drove away with the usual honking theme we do as he waved and never imagined that would be my last. However, what a great last it was. Sure I wish I would have held on a bit longer, but the truth is had I known, I would have never let go and that happy moment would have not been such a happy one. Life is just funny that way. I am blessed not only to have had the best Daddy ever, but the best last moments together. I sure do miss my old man though.

No comments: