Blog Background

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Missing Daddy

Tomorrow, Daddy (Papa) will have been in Heaven for 15 months.  I can honestly say that the pain never goes away, but the sting does a little.  I am able to laugh more about things that remind me of him rather than breaking down in uncontrollable tears.  He was one of the two greatest men to ever walk this earth in my opinion (Charles of course being right there with him).  A girl could not have asked for a better Father.  People would doubt me, obstacles were huge at times, and yes...I dove into many adventures when I should have waited.  Regardless, he NEVER doubted what I was capable of.  He answered my call EVERY time I needed him, and was there to discipline me and walk me through life with the kindest and nonjudgmental spirit I have ever seen.  Perhaps that is why I will always feel a part of me is missing.  I have come to accept that missing a part of who I am is ok because one day I will get another giant hug and kiss on the forehead.  I came across this photo today that someone posted on Facebook and had to laugh out loud.  Anyone that knew Papa knew he liked his yard well manicured at all costs.  He has been known to mow in the rain and sometimes more than once in a week.  Love you Daddy and miss you!

No comments: