Blog Background

Friday, January 11, 2019

Happy BD to Papa in Heaven!

It goes without saying that a piece of our hearts will always be missing without my Daddy here.  Holidays and special days are a reminder to me about the love that he gave.  Charles knew this was going to be a hard day, so he surprised me with a cappuccino blast from Baskin Robbins (Dad's favorite).  It made me smile to picture him slurping it down in minutes, then proudly stating that "I am gonna have a ton of insulin now" with a grin.  Yes, it was irritating to hear him say at the time...but I sure do love that grin he would give.  Not to mention how he would blow the straw wrapper back through the drive-thru window as a joke while driving away.  Cheers to you Daddy and what would have been your 70th birthday.  We love and miss you more each day, but will see you again soon. 

No comments: