Blog Background

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Nana's in town!!!

We have been SO BLESSED to have Nana in town for 9 days! The kids loved having her at the bus stop to start/end their days and come to 2 weekends filled with football, soccer, school programs, and friends.  Even her furry babies, Tye and Buddy, were able to be spoiled.  Our weekends were so busy that we literally had a schedule one day down to 15 minute increments.  Mom was such a trooper and helped me keep my sanity and get the kids ready for each new event.  We had countless memories with our family and dinners galore.  Caelin loved playing the chat pack game at dinner with funny questions for everyone to answer.  Mom and I were able to sneak away one day for some shopping and I am not sure how we were able to fit all our purchases (mainly Mom spoiling us) in my car to get home.  I especially enjoyed having Mom there to hang out with all our friends at different events.  Even for April's 45th birthday she was able to come and enjoy a Shrimp boil with our "framily". It warmed my heart to have my Mom with me for so long and have so many memories made over the last week and a half.  This morning everyone was crying as we knew our time was coming to an end (except Charles who was loading all the luggage, dog cage, and 20+ shopping bags from a few shopping excursions).  I sure wish my Mom lived closer for me to spoil and see more often.  Living even a few hours away puts a distance that is tough.  On days when I just need a hug, I can't just "drive on over", and I know she cannot possibly make every small event in our lives.  I guess I will just keep praying that she and I will be closer in miles one day.  There is nothing like having your Mama in town and I am already praying she comes back soon. "3"

No comments: