Blog Background

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Happy Father's Day

Even though we are in the middle of our family cruise right now, I am thankful that I have 4 amazing Father's in my life.  First off, my heavenly Father has always made sure that I was never alone and comforted me during the darkest times in my life. When I lost my earthly Daddy in 2015, I was alone and scared.  My heavenly father stepped in and made me feel a love and comfort that I had not experienced.  I am thankful for the 35 years that I did have my Daddy here on Earth, but even 100 years would not be enough time with him.  I still cry when I know I cant buy one more card on Father's Day or just pick up the phone to call him to tell him about my day.  I just pray that when he looks down from Heaven that he smiles and is proud of who I try to be.  Even though I am one of the luckiest girls to have had a Father like my Daddy, God gave me Grampee who instantly took me in and has treated me like his own daughter.  I have been able to breathe in tough times knowing that I have a Father still here on Earth.  Last, but certainly not least, there are just no words for the husband and father of my own children.  The way Charles takes ownership of duties and is involved in our kids lives always makes me smile.  He never hesitates or complains to do things for the kids whether it is school, being a taxi, or keeping things working in our house.  So, on this Father's Day, I smile knowing I am blessed 4 times over with amazing Father figures all around me. 

No comments: