Blog Background

Monday, October 20, 2008

5 weeks later: The Aftermath of IKE

As we were in Galveston this weekend fixing up the Beach house (ONCE AGAIN), I thought I would post a few more pics of the aftermath still present in Galveston. Most businesses have loads of trash outside them as pictured below, and there are large trash fills around the city where they are dumping what they can. The sadest thing to me is how brown everything is. The level of saltwater and storm surge has killed just about anything living, and caused the city to look brown. One of my favorite places in Galveston was the "Galveston Fishing Pier". It is featured in my Labor Day blog as we went fishing on it. It was usually packed daily with hundreds of people. Well, as you can see...it took quite a beating and will not be around for a while. Please continue to pray for those who have lost so much and have no homes.



No comments: