Blog Background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hasta La Vista 1st Trimester!!!

Yes, I have made it through week 13 of the prgnancy and have officially started week 14!! Just knowing this eases some anxiety! I have not really been sick at all (just have to eat every 2 hours still...darn! Heehee), and sleep fairly well still during the night. Of course I am extremely tired by 8pm and my bedtime appears to get earlier and earlier! Here is what the BabyCenter says that Baby Hall did this week!

"Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. As you start your second trimester, most of your baby's critical development will be completed and your odds of miscarriage drop considerably."

Now, to celebrate this jubilous (that word's for my sweetie) occassion, we made a cake (complete with our own decorating) and shared the excitement with Charles' family. AND to our surprise, we even got some of our 1st gifts!!! I got jewelry (blue AND pink), 8 Lullaby CD's, and our stroller system! Can you tell Grandma and Grandpa were excited too?! See all the pics below, it was truly an amzing celebration, and one I will always cherish!! This Baby is going to be SO WELL LOVED...maybe spoiled is the right word??




8 comments:

Jaime said...

What a fun idea! One CD we have come to love is Sing Over Me...it's a CD of praise songs and lullabies with some great singers.

Mike and Suzi :) said...

I love the cake...and Baylor with the stroller!

Mendy said...

I am CRYING!!! How can that baby bump be so much bigger than when I last saw it 2 weeks ago?! I love you guys so incredibly much and my heart is just FULL FULL FULL for you and the fact that God answered so many of our prayers in making you a Mommy. I am so blessed to get to share in this wonderful expereince with ya'll. We love you!!!

Katie said...

And your cute little baby bump is just barely peeking out!

I love that you are celebrating every moment of this journey!

Katie

Unknown said...

Yall are too cute! Congrats on the milestone---the little one will be here before you know it! :)

Jason & Ashley said...

What a cute idea! I love it! Congrats to you guys, it won't be long and you'll be able to find out if you're expecting a boy or a girl! yippee!!

Shelly said...

Dont forget to take pictures of your belly every week. You will love looking back on it as it grow and grows. And right before you have the baby, measure your belly. I can't remember my circumference, but it's written in J's baby book.

Kim and Eric said...

Cute! So exciting.