Blog Background

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Visiting Gangaw in Lubbock!

What could be better on Spring Break than visiting a Grandma! Most of you know already that my "Gangaw" is my everything. I love her so much! She is full of surprises and lives her life daily to the fullest. She is addicted to American Idol (who isn't I guess) and INSISTS on making every meal from scratch while we visit. SIDE NOTE: I am officially up 4 pounds on the Pregnancy thanks to her home cooking!! So, I had to post pictures of our visit for everyone to enjoy.
The Bluebonnets are in!! Brenham was beautiful! I couldn't believe they are already here!

I couldn't resist stopping to take a close-up!

The 8 hour drive was filled with LOTS of fields, especially cotton!

Welcome to the Panhandle...these oil rigs are everywhere!

Ok, this is Grandma "Geocaching"...for those of you who are asking, "WHAT is that?"...check out http://www.geocaching.com/ for more details...it is fun and FREE! Basically, you get coordinates all over your town, city, state, country, etc. and you go look for treasures that people have hidden! Gangaw calls it "Huntin'." Here she is "huntin" in the bushes!

This treasure is called a "Nano" size cache. It is no bigger than the tip of your finger and was magnetically placed under an electrical box in a city park. Here we are trying to just get it open to sign the paper inside indicating we were there.

Gangaw and I walking to hunt for the treasure!

Charles and Gangaw checking under a bench.

We found one! This was a small one we found in the crook of the tree on the right. We even found some bubbles and crayons in this one!

2 comments:

Mendy said...

Ah, that picture of you and Grandma walking hand in hand makes me smile. I loved your pictures! Glad you had a fun time:)

M & M said...

Your grandma really is happening! American Idol, Geocaching and everything!!! I keep meaning to do that but have yet to. Maybe we should do it as a church activity sometime. (several of us have GPS)