Blog Background

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Here we come 30 weeks of Pregnancy!

Cade has been quite the active little man the last few weeks. He kicks constantly and will roll across my tummy appearing "alien like". Almost everyone who has seen me in the last few weeks has felt him move! Most of the time I laugh and just stare at my tummy...but as we get farther along, he is realizing that my ribs are quite fun and appear to look like monkey bars on a playground to him. I enjoy knowing he is active and feeling him move, I have just had to get firm with him and push back when he gets in the ribs! Did I mention that he also enjoys night time the best? Apparently, when I try to sleep it signals Cade that this is "special time" with Mommy and it becomes his goal to keep me awake with him. Well, like I have said before he is a smart one and it works. Here is what he is doing developmentally this week!

"Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)" -Babycenter.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaah! I remember the junglegym ribs! I didnt realize that you were getting so close! Jeff and I are excited to see yall at the reunion!

Mendy said...

Yes, your little man likes to get his groove on in your belly! I enjoyed spending the week with you and getting to talk to and feel Cade move. You are not kidding! Can't wait to hold him and tell him some more how much I love him!