Blog Background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baby Hall is 18 weeks today!

Today marks 18 weeks of pregnancy according to the Doc. I feel he/she move several times a day, and they are getting stronger. You go lil thing! We go for the BIG Sonogram in 6 days to find out the sex and confirm due date. Can't wait to see pictures of our lil one! Don't worry, I will post shortly after Doc apt what the outcomes are! To date, I am about 10 pounds up in the pregnancy, so I have gained a little less this round. I am feeling great now, no sickness, no certain cravings...just FOOD! My only complaint if I had to say one would be the back pains from sleeping awkward at night. Clothes of course are an issue with this pregnancy cause I am bigger this round and it's COLDER. :) So, I am praying for warmer weather as I have LOTS of clothes for that. Baylor has to be around me at ALL times. During the night, he even tries to literally sleep on top of me! I love my furry baby, but Mommy needs a little space pal. Cade has also taking a liking to my belly. He will rub it, point to it when we ask, "Where is Cade's Baby?", and he will even grab my belly with both hands and kiss it. He is going to be a great big brother. Charles is supportive as always and does a good job holding us all together. He tries to do the majority of the lifting since Cade is 31 pounds and Mommy shouldn't be lifting more than 15lbs. He is excited to be able to start feeling the baby himself. He tried last night, but I think the baby needs to grow just a little stronger. It's coming soon though babe! So, we are all adjusting to the baby in our own ways. Here is what babycenter.com said about Baby Hall this week!

"Head to rump, your baby is about 5.5 inches long (the size of a bell pepper) and weighs 7 ounces. He is starting to flex his arms and legs. His blood vessels are visible through his skin, and his ears are now in their final position. Although the ears are probably still standing out a bit still. A protective covering of Myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue until he is about a year old. If you are having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you are having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during a sonogram."

No comments: