Blog Background

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cade goes to a toddler bed

I knew this day would come, I just thought it would be later (like another 6 months). Earlier this week, we went in to get Cade out of his crib and he had pulled himself up and was riding the side of the crib like a horse. So...we took it as our clue that it was time to change him to his toddler bed. While Daddy and Cade worked on this, I worked on washing/ironing Caelin's new clothes to keep me busy. I knew the hormones would kick in and I was gonna cry, so I thought it would be good to stay away until the final product was completed. I must say, I do LOVE how proud Cade is of his new bed, and he has the largest smile on his face when you ask him about it. He also enjoys instructing Baylor "up" or "down" and watching Baylor try to please him by jumping in/out of his bed. He went to bed as usual around 7:30 last night and was sound asleep until he walked into our room this morning at 6:30 announcing "Up". I was very proud of him for sleeping in it all night. HOWEVER, this Mama wants her baby to be in a crib forever! I know this is not possible and I will be dealing with this "growing up stuff" until he is 30 (maybe 40), but it is sad to think of how fast time flies by. Sometimes in the midst of screaming, wiping food off the floor, and tripping over small metal cars it is hard to treasure every moment. However, Trace Adkins' song, "You're Gonna Miss This" is always playing in my head during these times. And the song is right, I know I will miss these days when his toys are too big to trip over and I am not telling him to get off the dishwasher lid. No matter how big he gets, he will always be my baby in the crib.


1 comment:

Mendy said...

These last few posts made me laugh AND cry at the same time! Our babies are growin', but aren't they a BLAST?! The toddler bed change was a big one for me too!