Blog Background

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy 24 weeks Caelin!

So, here's what Caelin's been up to:
  • Caelin is just over a pound, gaining 4 ounces since last week! She is just over a foot long and has a lean figure, but will start plumping up very soon. Her brain is growing quickly, her taste buds are continuing to develop, her lungs are developing branches of the respiratory system, and her skin is changing from its translucent state.
  • Caelin's average heart rate is in the 150's
  • She loves to move around A LOT. She moves all night long (I guess she is a night owl) and packs some pretty good punches about 30 minutes after I eat anything. She is very strong and I feel her much more than I did with Cade. Since Cade was breech the whole time, he rolled a lot, but his punches were high and low. You can definitely see that Caelin is laying sideways and I feel her on the far right and left sides of my abdomen (many times she kicks/punches at the same time).
  • All of the Grandparents have felt her move now! Like I said, she is a strong little girl.

Here's what Mommy has been up to:

  • Gaining weight! I gained 3 pounds this month, so I am officially up 16 pounds at 24 weeks.
  • For all you soccer fans out there, my uterus is apparently the size of a soccer ball
  • Blood pressure and all tests were all great!
  • I get the pleasure of doing the glucose test at my next apt (7 months)...can't wait for my system to get shocked by that! Since I don't drink sodas or sugary drinks...this was not fun. Cade loved it though and I am sure Caelin will as well.
  • I also get my Rhogam shot at the next visit

No comments: