Blog Background

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Warrior Dash

This morning Charles and Gramp-ee did the Warrior Dash in Conroe, TX! This is a 3.2mile race with obstacles (mud slide, hay climb, cargo net climb, jumping over fire, tire run, log crawl in the lake, and a mud pit). Needless to say they started clean and ended REALLY dirty! I love that the "warrior wash" station for you to clean up at was actually a lake. Both finished around 45 minutes and had a lot of fun. Cade enjoyed running around, dancing to the live band, and looking at the costumes. His favorite part was getting to ride on a yellow school bus for the first time! It was most interesting to see some of the costumes of people participating. We saw Mario/Luigi/Mushroom Man, Smurfs, a lot of people in pink tutus, The Male version of Hello Kitty, the worst shake weight infomercial ever, and my favorite...OFFICER DANGLES!! This is the way to exercise! Check out these dirty pics...












3 comments:

Mendy said...

That looks like fun, but I am still confused! What IS the Warrior Dash exactly? A fundraiser? Ok, gotta go Google it!

Anonymous said...

I googled "warrior dash shake weight" and found a pic of me and my boys on your blog. Awesome.

Carmen said...

Lol! Omg I can't believe u didn't call us! We wouldve paid money to see those two get all muddy! :-) me and Brandi so wanted to do the warrior dash but I was't sure if my body was quite ready for it. Had a teacher friend do I though and she lovvvvvved it! I'm in nxt year!