Blog Background

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I got Mail!

I was so blessed earlier this week to get a SURPRISE in the mail!  My Best Friend of 24 years is getting MARRIED, and had texted saying something was coming in the mail.  I thought it was probably the "Save the Date" or something.  Well, I was SHOCKED when I opened the most thoughtful and BEAUTIFUL invitation!  Along with a heart felt card listing some of the highlights of our years was a note asking if I would be her Matron of Honor.  Honor is RIGHT!  I was overjoyed with tears and am so excited for her special day.  
I was blessed to meet Lizzy (everyone else calls her Elizabeth) sometime around the summer of 1988 when they moved in next door to us in San Antonio.  No one had any idea what would be in store for the two of us as life progressed.  God has shown me so much through Lizzy and I cannot imagine my life without her in it.  Here is a "short" list of my best memories with Lizzy.  I pray that everyone meets their "Lizzy" in life!  
XOXO, BFF "24"

Adventures with Lizzy:
  • Homework after school at Lizzy's
  • Watching Full House and Pageants on TV
  • Little Ceasars Pizza and Homemade Ice Cream
  • Slumber parties, slumber parties, slumber parties
  • Choreographing dances on my back porch
  • Hiding from Mendy when she would babysit us
  • Racing during our Baths at night to see who would get in bed first (I think our Mom's might have started this one...hehehe)
  • Dressing alike everywhere...or at least color matching
  • Defacing the mailbox with keys and getting in SO MUCH TROUBLE
  • Halloween (You as a Present and Me as a Punk Rocker)
  • Playing in the front yard with Mendy, Richard, and Becah
  • LOTS of LETTERS when you moved away (I still have some, which are very comical to read!)
  • Visits when in High School
  • Phone Calls and chatting long distance
  • Attending Baylor U together
  • College Roomates
  • AXO Sisters (Pledge, SING, Crushes, and MORE)
  • Spring Break in Vero Beach with Mimi
  • Handing the AXO Presidency over to my Lil and BESTIE
  • My Wedding and Kids
  • Cruise together this past February
  • and finally, opening my mail this week to find my SURPRISE pictured below!  I cannot wait to continue this list for years to come!  

No comments: