Blog Background

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our Bedtime Routines

I have wanted to for a long time write down our bedtime routine for the kids to remember.  The other night, I realized the most important thing needed to be documented.  Cade has been saying his bedtime prayer for about 3 months on his own and we are so proud of him.  When Cade was born, Nonnie/Poppie gave him an Angel that when you squeeze it is says this prayer below.  We named the Angel Billy and we are so grateful for what Billy has taught us!  Here is a video of Cade saying his prayer...words below in case sound doesn't work (my computer is being silly).

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
the Angels watch me through the night,
and keep me in their blessed sight.  Amen."
I also wanted to document the normal bedtime routine.  Below is a sample of what our nights looks like!

  • Bath
  • Brush Teeth/take vitamins (vitamins are disguised as gummy bears)
  • Get PJ's on
  • Cade: Climb in bed for book time, prayer as above, then tuck in with a kiss and always a "Sleep good with Jesus"
  • Caelin: Read 1 book in rocking chair (she can be a little squirmy...not the reader like Cade is yet), then we sing to her for about 5-10 minutes while rocking.  She is always awake when we arm her with 3 pacifiers (one in mouth and one for each hand) and place her in bed.  Once in bed we always pat her and say "Sleep good with Jesus."
  • We are lucky that we have established a routine where bedtime is easy, no fuss, screaming, etc!  Let's hope that continues!
Now as for the songs we sing to Caelin while rocking (same ones as for Cade when he was smaller):\
  • "Lord Prepare me to be a Sanctuary"
  • "Amazing Grace" 
  • "I could sing of your Love forever"
  • "Trust and Obey" (this one is for Grandma Parks)
  • "Little Brown Jug"/"Just one Rose will do" (this one is for Gangaw Watts)
  • And Daddy likes to throw in the "Good Ole Baylor Line" (I laugh when I hear this one through the monitor...brainwashing takes talent folks!)

No comments: