Blog Background

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day!

Today is such a special day for our family.  Not only do we have an amazing Heavenly Father that guides us daily, but we are blessed with some amazing Godly men in our lives that lead by example.  So, HAPPY Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there!

I was first blessed as a little girl by my own Dad.  Growing up, I was so blessed to have a Dad that did everything he could for our family.  My Dad would grill hot dog weenies on my Barbie pit to cheer me up when I was sick, sat with his knees next to his ears many times having tea parties, always came through with pizza or McDonald's on Friday Movie Nights, cleaned our Hamster cages cause we were scared of the poop, never missed any school event, and yet still managed to tell us everyday that he loved us at some point.  Of course we have the discipline times when he ruled with an iron fist and I remember being thrown in the pool in the middle of January and told to "cool off".  But, the best part was, when the smoke cleared, you always heard "I love you", and no judgement remained after that.  Can I just say a clean slate feels good when you are growing up and often find yourself making the wrong decisions?  He was the rock of our family in tough times and has always has the strongest shoulders I know.  Simply put, I just wouldn't be where I am without my Daddy.  Thanks for the lessons, good and bad.  When my Grandpa Parks passed away, there was a poem I wanted that my Dad had given to my Grandpa sometime in the 1980's while we lived in San Antonio, TX.  It now hangs in my office.  Love you all the way around the world and back again!
As if one amazing Dad wasn't enough, Charles also grew up with a loving Father.  Yes, we are blessed!  Here is what he has to say about his Dad...

Every day we hear people telling us how we should live our lives, but we never get to see these people doing the things they say.  My dad has never been one much for much talking.  I guess that is where I get a good chunk of my quiet personality from.  As a result I have had the opportunity to not only hear his words of wisdom when they came, but I have been all the more blessed with seeing how life as a man/father/husband should be lived through the example he has set everyday for the past 34 years of my life.  A life of action to emulate in the good times and the not so good.  Who needs words when you have a living model to guide you.  Thank you Dad. 
Lastly, because of the Fatherly influences mentioned above, I am blessed beyond words for the Father of my children and love of my life, Charles.  From the time I knew we were soul mates, I have imagined how our life would be with a family.  Words cannot express what an amazing Father he is.  Patient, kind, stern when needed, and always there to help.  He is one of the most active Father's and never misses an opportunity to tuck them in bed, get them a drink, change their clothes, be their coach, etc.  He has never complained about 2am wake up calls for nightmares, changing diapers, or having to stay home when one of them is sick.  I could not ask for a more perfect leader of our family.  I have no idea how I got this lucky, but I never take for granted that God gave him to me.  Thank you Charles for being the man you are, SHMILY!

No comments: