Blog Background

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Adios 24 weeks!!

So, we are about to begin 25 weeks...I am working on pics of me as a baby to post. Remember my parents live in a different city...so I have to get them next trip home...although I will say, my pics will not bring quite the hysteria that Charles' did! Here is what cade has been up to this last week. He has really popped out a bit more in my belly and I enjoy eating certain foods to "stir him up". In fact, I LOVE to eat and then take a bath about 30 minutes later. This causes him to move around a lot, and I sit there for about 20 minutes and stare at my belly. My FAVORITE is when he makes ripples in the water (Mommy calls them waves)! YES!! He actually makes the water move! Charles loved watching it the other night and I think we have a very strong, active boy coming our way!!

"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon." --BabyCenter.com

1 comment:

Erica & Joey Hart said...

HOW AMAZING!!! I loved those times when I would just lay really still and the baby would literally make my belly move from side to side....SO COOL!!! Congratulations again! We are SO excited for both of you!!! Enjoy every moment!!! It's like NOTHING you have ever experienced!!! :)