Blog Background

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend...WOW!

So Easter weekend was packed with family and excitement! We headed to Round Rock on Thursday night to visit with my parents over the weekend. To start it all off, my Sister and Mom helped us register at Babies R Us for over 4 hours on Friday!! That was not only exhausting, but a little overwhelming looking at all the choices and options. Several times I remember thinking, is this for real? The excitement kept me moving and thankful for the angel in my belly! Not to mention controlling Charles and my Sis with a gun around a huge store...We did have to delete a few things that got initially scanned! :) Then, on Saturday, My Sister and I spent the majority of the day going through Mackenzie's old clothes and finding "non gender" items we can use. I would say we were successful by the look of our Honda Element driving away! See pic below!
As if those days were not exciting enough...the best day of all was Easter Sunday! We had a brunch with homemade quiche and ham, and then watched Mackenzie open all her Easter baskets. We left about noon and got to spend the rest of the afternoon with Charles' Family back home in Spring, TX. Charles' Mom had prepared an AMAZING dinner of Brisket, homemade cheese grits, asparagus, fruit salad, and so much more! It was an eventful/tiring weekend, but one I will never forget! God is so good and we thank him again for being our Savior and rising from the dead to save us!!
Mackenzie reading someone's Easter card...of course her translation was pointing to each word and singing "Happy Birthday". She is my Princess!
The Parks Clan
Me at 22 weeks prego...
The Fam

3 comments:

Mike and Suzi :) said...

You are too cute! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!

Nicole said...

You look gorgeous Stacy!!!!!!! Big hugs!!!!!!!!!!

M & M said...

AWWW....
And I am amazed it only took 4 hours. I had about 3 hours and then another 2 and then another several 1 hour trips at least before finishing. Do you now have to delete half the stuff after the packed full car? :)