Blog Background

Thursday, April 2, 2009

The circle of life...

Ok, so I sit here and wonder how in the world do I express the feelings I have had in the last 48 hours?! First of all Tuesday was filled with excitement and NO SLEEP that night in anticipation for the big day on Wednesday. My parents had come into town and my sister and Mackenzie surprised me yesterday morning as well! Of course this started a long crying fit of excitement! Charles' parents also took off work, so everyone could be there to find out the sex of Baby Hall!! There is nothing better than having the entire family with you! So, on the way to the apt, Charles and I prayed for a healthy baby from God. We did not care whether it was a boy or girl...just a healthy angel from God. And our prayers were answered! We got a very healthy baby BOY!!! That's right, the Hall house will be overflowing with manliness! Below are a few of the sonogram pics from yesterday.

This is a profile shot of our boy laying down. You can see the facial features, spinal column, and even the 4 chambers of his tiny heart. He has a big heart already, just like his Daddy!
This picture is looking from the bottom up. His legs look like frog legs and the arrow point to the treasure!!
Here is the confirmation picture. I wanted to be SURE it was a boy, so here it is from another angle. The picture is looking up from the bottom. His legs are crossed and moving so it looks blury...but where the arrow is pointing is the "money shot" that proves we are in fact having a little boy. His daddy was very proud that it was so noticeable...must be a man thing!

So, as if there was not enough excitement yesterday, I got to spend the whole day telling all my friends/co-workers at school that it was a boy. I had a black dress (Target is having a great sale!) to wear today and was ready to tie a pink or blue ribbon around it depending on what the sex was. Well, we did not use the pink ribbon! Here is me at work today!

ALSO, Saturday morning our furniture came in! So, we officially have a place for our little man to sleep now! Here are the furniture pictures! Don't worry, I know the room looks empty, we will get there soon! FINALLY, Here is what our Baby Boy has done this week! Can't believe we are officially half way through! I just want to hold him in my arms!

"How your baby's growing:Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery)."

6 comments:

M & M said...

I am so excited for you guys! You look so cute pregnant!
And the ultrasound pictures are quite clear--really neat!

Nikola said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Yup, definetly a boy. No mistaken that. You look great.

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! We are so glad that he is a healthy boy!! Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

Yay Stacy!!! So excited for your little man to hurry up and get here so we can meet him! What a fun day. Reading your post made me a little emotional thinking about the day I found out I was having a boy. It makes it so much more real!!! YOU'RE REALLY HAVING A LITTLE BOY!!! Ah and a healthy one! YAY!!!!!

Mendy said...

I love my little nephew already. So glad he is healthy (AND A BOY!!!) Finally some BLUE in this family! You know Dad is thrilled! Chris too!

Jodi Hendricks said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you both! He is a lucky little boy because he has two great parents!!