Blog Background

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pheasant/Chukar Hunt

Today Charles spent the day with the boys hunting in Waller.  They hunted with dogs for Chukar and Pheasants.  Between the 12 of them, they did pretty well.  I have been promised a group pic, and will post when I get it!  When Charles got home, I wasn't sure how Cade would react, but he did well.  He did ask me before we went outside if they were Mommies and Daddies with babies.  I was thinking it might not go down very well, but then he ran outside excited to see Daddy and immediately picked up each bird with his bare hands.  He asked Charles what the name of each was and if it was a boy/girl.  He even paused to smile after picking up EVERY bird.  I guess he might be a hunter...one day.  Then, we enjoyed an awesome meal with okra, salad, smoked bacon wrapped birds, and bacon wrapped jalapenos.  Yum Yum!

No comments: