Blog Background

Saturday, March 16, 2013

T ball, round 1

So, today was our first attempt at T ball   We had been preparing Cade and haven't had the best luck with his responses.  We have been told: "I will hit the ball, and then Mommy will run for me cause it is too hot", "no thank you, I don't like to sweat", and my personal favorite .. "Why would I run? Running is not fun Mommy!".  Thus, we were not exactly sure how it would go today.  To prepare, Daddy and Cade had a boys day yesterday and went to buy all the fun stuff that goes with the sport (bat, glove, balls, plate, etc).  Today, Gamee and Grampee met us at the Park to get the fun started.  We ate a picnic lunch and then started playing.  Cade seemed to have fun (he likes everyone cheering for him), but is a very independent little man who likes to do everything by himself.  This made it a little hard for Daddy to show Cade how to do anything.  As time goes on, maybe he will take direction a little better.  I was impressed that he hit the ball pretty good a few times and actually ran on his own.  All in all, a good first practice.  We celebrated with playing at the park and getting ice cream afterward.  Lets pray we keep the momentum going!
I also couldn't help but post some funny pics of the kids from the last few weeks.  Our little munchkins have quite the personalities!

No comments: