Blog Background

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Our Princess turns 2

I have dreaded this blog for a long time now.  For months I have told myself, just start it now so you can remember everything you want to say.  But, the fact is that I do not know the right words to say exactly how I feel.  Now as Caelin lays down for her nap, I realize that it is now or never.  I must admit that tears are already welling up and I haven't even started!

Two years ago in the afternoon was when I started feeling a shortness of breath and tightness in abdomen like I had with Cade.  I took my time (assuring myself I was being silly) before heading to the hospital.  In fact, I remember thinking the only reason I went was because I did not want a baby to be born on July 4th.  I figured, it was worth a check in at hospital and then I would be home ready for dinner/TV in no time.  We got to the hospital mid afternoon, and I guess since I was not in "pain", they figured I could wait a bit.  Once I started getting antsy, they took me back only to find out my contractions were 3 minutes apart and the C-section would that night.  Years before we were blessed with Cade, I prayed so hard for God to trust us with a child of his and I honestly cannot believe I have two perfect angels in our family now.

Caelin has been our "lil firecracker" since the day she arrived.  Today she is no different...full of personality, laughter, a bit of spite at times, food lover, persistent, and always on a mission.  There is never a dull moment with lil Caelin.  Even if it gets quiet, one look at her and she will break out in dance, smiles, or laughter.  You just never know what to expect.  I love every one of these qualities!  I will attempt to list some of the things Caelin is currently up to, but to tell you the truth, she is growing so fast I am sure I will not get everything in!  We also have our 2 year annual doctor visit on Monday, so I will fill in the height/weight stats then.

To celebrate the day, we visited the donut shop where she again picked a pink sprinkled donut, then we attempted several movie theaters to watch Despicable Me 2...but they were all sold out.  So, we went home and had a picnic on bed with popcorn/lunch while watching the original Despicable Me.  After naps, we met up with Gamee & Aunt Heather for your first nail salon adventure to get your nails painted.  Mommy's friend Ms. Tiffany painted your nails a pretty pink color you picked out with white flowers on your toes.  At first, you were a bit skeptical and even cried once.  But once Tiffany came over and talked to you, you were doing good!  After nails, we met Grampee, Uncle Christopher and Andrew for a picnic dinner nearby and had frozen yogurt to celebrate.  Gamee even made you a cupcake and we all sang Happy Birthday to you!  You enjoyed playing "Red light/green light" and running around.  It was a fun day just hanging out.

When you were born, we had visitors sign a special book for you at the hospital called, On the Night You Were Born, by Nancy Tillman.  The first words of the book sum it all up.  We love you Caelin and are proud of the young girl you are becoming.
On the night you were born, 
the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peaked in to see you
and the night wind whispered, 
"Life will never be the same."

A little bit about YOU
Height: 34.84 inches (77%) / Weight: 28lbs, 12oz (76%)

Your favorite things to do: BE OUTSIDE, swim, slide at park, read books, watch shows with Cade in her green chair, dress up, push baby around in her stroller, play with iPod (Turtle Phone), watch Cade, chase bubbles, and EAT.

Words you say: You will attempt to repeat anything we say, but on your own you will say the following to initiate a response from us- that (while pointing), Mama, Dada, Sorry, drink, juice, yes/no, eat, Baby, Baylor, Cade, hurt, Gamee/Grampee/Nana/Papa, bow, shirt/shorts/shoes/socks, house, SIDE (outside), show, movie, "happy, happy, happy" from Duck Dynasty, and so much more!

Favorite toys: Baby dolls, anything of Cade's, books, has started puzzles recently, coloring, wagon or ride-able things outside, and balls.

Favorite shows/characters: Max and Ruby, Bubble Guppies, Sesame Street, Peppa Pig, and Mrs. Spider's Sunny Patch Friends

Favorite snacks: Squeeze fruits, apple sauce, fruit snacks, piece of bread, cheese, raisins, and yogurt.

Favorite Restaurants: Chick-fil-A and McDonald's

Favorite Pajamas: anything pink/purple, sparkles or animals are always a good choice by her!

Can't go to bed without: 3 pacifiers (one in mouth and one in each hand), "Billy" (our Prayer Angel), and Ms. Teddy (her silky sleep bear).

Important things others need to know about you: you always wake up requesting a bow, you love purses, you like to be held by Daddy, you will hold our your hand and scream "no" if protesting something, you have been known to recently start stomping your foot and cross arms with yelling "no", you like to be independent and attempt everything on your own, when music comes on you will dance around or attempt a somersault, you will stand up for yourself if Cade takes a toy, you have started to attempt singing a few songs by mumbling while we sing, you still need a 2 hour nap daily and sleep about 10-11 hours at night, you enjoy being outside best, you can be fearless when it comes to trying new things, you have definite food preferences, you can easily use a fork and spoon, you like your routines, your hair is very full and curly blonde all on its own, your eyes are staying a bright blue, you wear sizes 2T-3T, you have most of your teeth except eye teeth/molars...but you have one eye tooth coming in, you know all the rooms in the house and can follow directives, you clean up after yourself at dinner table, can identify most body parts, will match colors and shapes if given 3-5 choices, you enjoy looking at books in the car, you wear size 6 diapers, you have no interest in potty training except to play with the potty, you will tell us when you have pooped or back up to us, you will bow your head to pray at table and at night, and you will say "Amen" proudly after all prayers.

No comments: