Blog Background

Thursday, September 3, 2015

6 months without my Daddy

Wish I could say that the days get easier with Dad gone. Today was 6 months and I still wait for him to call daily. I know the hurt just means how special he was, so I try to hold on to that. No matter what, I will never be "healed" which is ok with me. It is the little things that hurt. Like trying to see a picture of him and having to scroll so far down in my photos, reminding me that he has been gone so long and time is going on without him. My biggest fear is that Cade and Caelin will not realize how great he was and that their memories of him will fade since they are younger.  I love that tonight Cade asked me out of the blue (without knowing today was the 6 month anniversary of his death) to tell him 4 funny stories of Papa.  I giggled through the tears as I told him about Hamburger hill in Brownswood, Dad throwing Mendy in I in the pool one freezing Jan day because we were arguing, Dad chasing Armadillos/catching them in trash cans in San Antonio, and how he never met a stranger.  Wish I had one last hug. Happy 6 months in Heaven sweet Daddy.

No comments: