Blog Background

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Labor Day in Grapeland, TX

Had a great weekend "unplugging" from technology and life for a bit. We spent the weekend looking at the lake, fishing, playing cards, nature scavenger hunt, and even had a date to the Bluegrass Festival in Crockett, TX. Thank you God for the beauty in the simplest things. My favorite part was being behind the dam fishing.  This is the spot where we got engaged 12.5 years ago. Charles lit the entire path with candles and rose petals and both our Dad's and his Grandma (Mumps) helped set it all up.  Cade and Caelin both loved hearing the story.  I told them that my wedding ring was the best gift I ever got.  Cade then looked at me and said, "what about me?  I am pretty cute."  Very true Cade, ha.  This may have to be a new Labor Day weekend Tradition!

No comments: