Blog Background

Friday, September 18, 2015

Caelin officially has a loose screw

Never a dull moment. We have struggled with "ear infections" for over 2 years with Caelin. Of course this includes visits to Pediatrician, meds, antibiotics, drops, debrox, multiple ear flushes to clean out what they thought was stubborn wax, etc. Today we take her to ENT to get it flushed and hopefully cleaned before we have to go the surgical route. Well, after 4 people restraining her and 2 flushes at the ENT, a lot of junk started coming out of her ear. Including this large hard piece. Gamee and I decided to take it to Ehrhardt and look at it under a microscope.  I have no idea if we would even be able to know what we were looking at...but we had to know.  Once we unwrapped it in Charles' office, we noticed it had ridges and was rusty.  Upon complete examination, it turned out to be a SCREW!  2 years she has had problems. TWO YEARS!  The screw was rusty and praise the Lord it must have been laying flat against the ear drum. I was floored.  Not sure if I am mad at the doctors or happy for it to be over.  I did ask Caelin if she could hear better, and she frankly replied, "Well, duh Mom."  Ok then...problem solved and my child officially has a screw loose. It is the most expensive screw on Earth and I will be keeping it forever.

No comments: