Blog Background

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Another update...

Day 5 complete in the hospital and I have good news finally. My chest X-ray this AM showed no further signs of pneumonia. All other vitals and tests are good. That leaves us with the blood clots in both lungs. I am currently taking Lovenox shots in the belly and Warfarin to try and get the blood thinned to an 2. For the last 4 days it has been a .9-1. So, it is definitely a slow process that forces me to remember that God is in control and I need to be patient.  Overall, I feel great and the spinal fusion is healing perfect. I definitely did not expect this complication with the clots, but I am blessed to be alive, that it is coming to an end, and it was caught in time. Since it could take a while for the blood to reach a 2 (potentially another 5-6 days in hospital) the team of doctors is discussing the possibility of allowing me to go home tomorrow...provided that I continue giving myself the shots and go in for blood tests. So...this is where I would ask for prayers. I would love to be home and in my own bed for recovery.  Despite all the challenges, today I was able to get a portable monitor and go outside! Charles and I walked outside a bit and then we also ate a picnic outside with the kids, Nana, and Bear. Now THAT is a great day!

PS- A huge thank you to Gamee and Grampee for watching the kids and Bear the entire time I have been in the hospital. The love they show and service is just unbelievable. I pray everyone has someone like this they can turn to in times of need. Thank you and we love you!

No comments: