Blog Background

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Spinal Fusion success

I am blessed! This morning, I had my spinal fusion surgery on L5/S1.  Dr. Leahy inserted a metal cage with cadaver bones between my L5/S1 bones and secured it with 2 screws.  To assist with growth, bone marrow was also taken from my hip and placed into the cage.  I was extremely nervous since this was the same surgery Daddy had exactly 2 years ago.  However, after waking up and having some time to recover this afternoon, I could never imagine that I would feel this good at this point. Mom and Mendy came down last night and we are full of positive vibes. Charles is the most supportive Husband ever and Gamee/Grampee are serving us by keeping both kids and Bear...Amazing!  God tells us not to worry, but I clearly did not listen.  So…I worried for nothing and should have had faith over fear.  There is some talk by doctors that I might even be able to go home tomorrow due to my great progress.  God is good, all the time.  

No comments: