Blog Background

Monday, March 13, 2017

Starting Spring Break on a positive note!

Figured today would be a great day for an update on my progress since so many people are asking. I hesitated to post any earlier because to be honest I was really down. I thought I would be doing so much better based on the first 2 days after surgery (yes, I am an over achiever and it is a problem at times). However, things took a bit of a turn downward for a few days. My Mom stayed with us the first week and I am so blessed she was here to help remind me that little things are progress. After a few days, I began to slowly lose feeling in my calves and eventually legs. It became difficult to walk or put pressure on my legs. I was pretty depressed as I am not one to lay around in bed. I then had an unexpected seizure Thurs that put me behind as well. I must say it has just been depressing, so I didn't want to post. But the prayers, calls, texts, cards, FB PM's, meals, etc kept me going. I am reminded that everything is perfect in God's timing. I went to the doc yesterday and we switched up some meds to include nerve blockers. Slowly starting yesterday I began to get feeling in my legs and walk more. Today, I was able to get out in the sunshine with family. After the doctor apt, we went to a brick oven pizza place and geocached a few around the Woodlands area.  Once we rested at home, we decided to also check out a new BBQ restaurant in Tomball names Tejas Chocolate and BBQ.  It was super yummy and I am SO BLESSED to be able to get around and move more. Since this is positive progress I thought this would be a great time to post.  Now I am just recovering slowly but happy to see progress!

No comments: