Blog Background

Monday, January 1, 2024

ANCHOR in 2024

ANCHOR 
Hebrews 6:19
It is hard to believe we are starting another year. Last year, I focused on the word SEEK. Seeking his kingdom first in all things. Seeking him in the little daily things of life and keeping my heart pure for him. Looking back, this may have been my biggest year of growth personally as I started to walk daily with him...which allowed me to slow down and see God in the little things daily. The flowers, opportunities to pray for those driving in the car next to me, and the small ways to help or encourage others. So many great moments happened in 2023, so I am excited for the moments God will give us in 2024. When I reflect on my focus words from the last 6 years, I contemplated what I wanted to focus on for this year. I had a few words in mind, but as with so many other things, God is in the details. The first sermon of the year at CFBC was on one of the words I was debated, so I had my answer. Anchor will be my focus and prayer just as in Hebrews 6:19. 
Hebrews 6:19: We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. 
2018 - CHOOSE JOY
2019 - DRAW CLOSER
2020 - BALANCE
2021 - INTENTIONAL
2022 - PRUNING
2023 - SEEK
I am grateful for what God has taught me over the years and I look forward to anchoring closer to him this year. I want to stand firm, not waver, and be an anchor not only for myself for others. With that, I welcome 2024 with open arms and facing the light.


No comments: