Blog Background

Sunday, June 19, 2011

One day...two special events!

June 19th is a special day for Charles and I. This is the day we promised each other our lives in marriage. It has been 7 years since we said "I do" and I honestly love him more every day. He is the most loving and caring man any wife could ever pray for. I love you Charles, and thank you for making my dreams come true. As everyone knows, today is also Father's Day. One day, two special events! I have to say the most special Father in our lives is our Heavenly Father. To whom we get the best examples and actions to follow. As his children, we are definitely not even close to being perfect, but the example set before us is a mighty one! Happy Father's Day Jesus!

The next best Father in my life is Charles. I know it is cliche, but if you are lucky enough to know Charles, you know how patient and loving he truly is. He sets a Godly example for Cade to follow and is always there when Cade calls, "DADDY...where you?" Me personally, sometimes I want to hide, but Charles is always there. He does all the usual things to keep a household together, and so much more. Since I have been pregnant, he has stepped up and helped out more than expected with Cade. When Mommy needs to put her feet up, Charles steps in and off to the park or somewhere fun he takes Cade. I am sure sometimes he feels like a single Dad when I am in bed by 8pm and he is getting Cade to sleep. I just can't say enough about my husband. I am so proud to say he is mine and grateful to God he chose me! :) Happy Father's Day Charles!

We are also so lucky to have two amazing Father's of our own. My Dad, Rex, and Charles' Dad, Fred are both such loving Father's to us. I believe that is the reason Charles is such a good Dad today. He has had the perfect examples to follow. Both of our Dad's treat each of us like their own children. So, in essence we each have two Dad's! Just this week, Fred dropped everything he was doing (even while their were workers in his own home) to come to my rescue when the truck died and Charles was in Austin. He never hesitated and was there with me in less than 15 minutes. Since the time Charles and my Dad met, he has learned various things like putting tables together (we won't go there), advice on just about anything. When I was growing up, I remember my Dad giving up working in the garage to have tea parties (with cookies) with my sister and I, and we won't even mention the countless animals we "promised" to take care of that became his duty (fish, hamsters, the 2 day rabbit, etc.). Charles remembers being so excited to get up and spend time with his Dad throwing papers and attending Rice Football games. The memories go on forever, but the bottom line is that we are truly blessed and this day marks a special day for the men in our lives. Happy Father's Day to our Dad's!

Dad, Stacy and Sister Mendy at Stacy's 1 year Birthday Party


Dad and Charles at Christmas 1979 when Charles was 3 months old

No comments: